Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving iTunes Library and playlists to new computer

This is my situation:

I want to reinstall Windows 7 on my current PC.

I have all of my music stored on my external hard drive and I have been

using this (E:) drive for over 2 years. In iTunes I made sure that my "iTunes Media folder location" was located as E:\...\My Music.

I have a lot of music and also a lot of playlists that I don't want to lose.

Thing is: my "iTunes" folder with content like 'iTunes library.itl' and 'iTunes music library.xml' is somehow located on my C: drive.

This file IS being updated when I change things in my iTunes so it seems to be the right one (plus there is no such map found in E:\...\My Music).

My question:

Is this 'iTunes' folder on my C: drive the right folder to move to my 'fresh PC'? (I am worried because I thought the folder would be on my E: drive)

And if so: how do I make sure that my fresh PC recognizes these same locations and make it work the way it is working now?

(placing the iTunes folder on my E: drive, after installing putting it back on the same location as where it is place now, open iTunes, change 'iTunes Media folder location' to E:\...\My Music again and then...????)

Please help me fixing this without any errors/complications😊

Best regards

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 6:12 AM

There are no replies.

Moving iTunes Library and playlists to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.