Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi,disc wiped ,OSX10.9 back on ,how do I restore my data from external hard drive ?Any help welcome .

Hi,disc wiped ,OSX10.9 back on ,how do I restore my data from external hard drive ?Any help welcome .

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 7:22 AM

6 replies

Apr 9, 2014 8:50 AM in response to Lambrettalad

There's Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant. The cleanest way to do it is Setup Assistant, but you only get that option once when you fire up a fresh install of OSX. If you're past that, you could reinstall OSX by booting with Command-R, or you could use Migration Assistant.

Setup/Migration Assistant instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5872

Apr 9, 2014 10:20 AM in response to Andy-J-D

The cleanest way to do it is neither of those methods. The cleanest method to transfer files back is drag and drop them from the external harddrive, but since you have a Time Machine backup the best way is to go into the Time Machine interface and restore files from the external drive to your internal drive. Why was the harddrive wiped Lambrettalad? Were you experiencing problems with the OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.