Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Various problems with iTouch 5g!

Hi, I recently started having problems with my iPod Touch 5G, which I bought circa late 2012. These all started on the same day:

- The wifi turns on and off by itself randomly. I already checked if it's something with my router, but nothing was wrong with it (all my other devices can connect to the internet just fine). It turns itself off every minute or so, then sometimes it turns back on too. But most of the time I need to manually bring up settings/control center and turn it back on

- Although this doesn't happen regularly, sometimes the screen gets stripey and colorful (neon green, dark blue, pink, etc). Then it restarts itself.

- The time (and sometimes the date) is ALWAYS wrong. Even if I keep changing it back to the correct time, it always starts displaying the wrong time a few minutes after I correct it. It's like it fails to "keep up" with the actual time because it's always delayed.

Yes, I have dropped my iTouch a few times, but never from a height that's above the waist. Also, it's never gotten wet. So I'd like to know what's happening? 😟 Are these just issues that come with its age, or are these symptoms of damaged hardware? Thanks -- I appreciate all the help I can get and sorry if this is sort of long. 😝

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 6:55 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2014 8:16 AM in response to shivers123

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Various problems with iTouch 5g!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.