Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to Mavericks? X

From mid-2011, my Intel iMac with Mac OS X v10.8.5 _&_ with 4 GB of RAM runs well. So I feel prepared to Wait to get Mavericks.

I'll Wait until I break-down & buy a new iMac, maybe in a year or more from today? A new iMac comes with Mavericks installed, already. I invite your opinions! :-)

P. S. One feature of my current iMac that I don't like is this: "This darned iMac _scrolls_ rapidly but-briefly, all on its own. I don't need to Touch its mouse. Zip!" (I don't need to be on-line.) I use a Magic Mouse from Apple, maybe Overly Magic? Thank you.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2.5 GHz Intel Core I5 P. & 4 GB M.

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 10:38 AM

Hi Bob ...

New Macs come with Mavericks pre installed. (Keep in mind, new Macs do not come with install discs anymore).

Check your settings in System Preferences > Mouse > More Gestures

Regarding your 2011 Mac running v10.8.5. If at some point you decide to upgrade to Mavericks, best to read this user tip first > What you need for Mavericks, OS X 10.9: Apple Support Communities

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 10:38 AM in response to Bob Novy

Hi Bob ...

New Macs come with Mavericks pre installed. (Keep in mind, new Macs do not come with install discs anymore).

Check your settings in System Preferences > Mouse > More Gestures

Regarding your 2011 Mac running v10.8.5. If at some point you decide to upgrade to Mavericks, best to read this user tip first > What you need for Mavericks, OS X 10.9: Apple Support Communities

Apr 9, 2014 2:30 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

All 3 boxes in System Preferences > Mouse > More Gestures were un-checked, I fear. So what else, please? [I'll tell you what _I_ feel, Carolyn Samit: "I think that Apple is sneakily making me upgrade my entire computer."

And yes Carolyn Samit, my iMac from mid-2011 _does_ meet the stated System Requirements to install Mavericks. But I am thinking to _buy_ a new iMac with Mavericks installed, already. (Not too soon, mind you.)

I'm growing Sick & Tired of seeing: "Your request is temporarily unable to be processed. / Please try again later." RUFF to you, Apple!

But anyway, I thank you, Carolyn Samit. :-)

Upgrade to Mavericks? X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.