Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Login to Icloud

Hi All, i seem to be having a major issue here.

I have never been able to login to my Icloud account on my MBP ever. It always says I can't login at this time and additionally when I try to create a new account it says I can't create a new account either.

I have tried to go into my library-application support folder but I do not have an iCloud folder in there to delete it. I believe that is because I have never logged in before and it does not have a profile yet. I am running a late 2011 MBP on Maverick.

Another issues i have which i suspect is related to this problem is that imessage won't send some messages and won't send pictures at all.

Would appreciate any help you guys can assist me with.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 8:03 AM

3 replies

Apr 12, 2014 4:11 AM in response to braden85

Hi Braden,

Sorry but i tried all that initially. I apprciate the help but the links are only giving me

• OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later:
    1. Go to the Apple () menu > System Preferences, and click iCloud.
    2. Verify that you are signed in. If necessary, click the Account Details button for more information.

• Unfortunately that is not very helpful as I the error I am reciving is that i can't sign in at the moment so I can't click account details or anything else. As previously mentioned I have not been able to even create a new account as it tells me "you can't create an account at this moment". I can sign in to everything else (itunes, app store, ibooks, and web version of Icloud)

Just wanted to say thanks for trying though I appreciate it buddy.

Apr 12, 2014 3:20 PM in response to mboo86

Hi again mboo86!

Here is the specific section of that article I was referencing:

I can't sign in to iCloud on my Mac due to an authentication request.

Verify that your OS X user account has administrator privileges. If you're logged in to your computer as a standard user without administrator privileges, you may receive an authentication alert: “System Preferences is trying to modify the Directory Services configuration.” Enter the administrator's name and password to allow System Preferences to modify the configuration.

To log in as an administrator (OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later):

1. From the Apple () menu, select Log Out Username.
    2. Click the Log out button.
    3. From the login screen, select an admin user to log in.

If you are still unable to sign in, try reinstalling Mavericks:

OS X Mavericks: Reinstall OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph13871

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Can't Login to Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.