Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sports Results Sheet in Numbers

Hi all,

I have a sheet of sports scores which I update with new results after each game. I currently manually add each result, and then across the various tables I have in Numbers depending on which info each table displays. I am slowly working towards this process being more automated, with formulas updating these tables as required rather than going through each sheet, often repeating the same information.

One initial problem I have with the basic formulas is for it automatically working out and displaying whether the score is a win, loss or draw for my team. Putting one team's score in one column (e.g. column A) and the other team's in the next (e.g. column B) I would like to understand the formula behind getting Numbers to work out if A is more than, less than or equal to column B, and depending on the result displaying a 'W', 'L' or 'D' in a third column.

I think once I understand this (potentially using IF statements?) I'll be able to work out further formulas for other information.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance. I'm sure this is incredibly basic for those with more spreadsheet eperience than I have.

Elliot

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 9:15 AM

If the Your team is in Column A and the oppoenent is in column B then in column C you can do something like this:

User uploaded file

C2=IF(COUNTA(A2:B2)<2, "",IF(A2=B2, "Draw",IF(A2>B2,"Win","Loss") ))

this is shorthand for, select cell C2, then type (or copy and paste from here) the formula:

=IF(COUNTA(A2:B2)<2, "",IF(A2=B2, "Draw",IF(A2>B2,"Win","Loss") ))

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 9:15 AM in response to ElliotPearson

If the Your team is in Column A and the oppoenent is in column B then in column C you can do something like this:

User uploaded file

C2=IF(COUNTA(A2:B2)<2, "",IF(A2=B2, "Draw",IF(A2>B2,"Win","Loss") ))

this is shorthand for, select cell C2, then type (or copy and paste from here) the formula:

=IF(COUNTA(A2:B2)<2, "",IF(A2=B2, "Draw",IF(A2>B2,"Win","Loss") ))

Sports Results Sheet in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.