Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Melodyne and Garageband

Hi, I have been using the new update of Garageband since it was released. I am having difficulty installing Melodyne with Garageband, to be honest, I am finding this update very difficult to use. If anyone knows how to install melodyne into garageband it will be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.0.1, Burn DVD IDVD

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 10:45 AM

Have you installed the Melodyne component in

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Melodyne.component ?

Then you should be seeing Melodyne, when you open the Smart Controls for an audio track.

• Enable the "Audio Units" in the GargageBand Preferences > Audio/Midi tab.
  • Show the Smart Controls pane: User uploaded file
  • Enlarge the pane, by dragging the dividing line between Smart Controls and Track area upwards.
  • Click the ℹ button to show the info pane.
  • Now you should be able to add the Melodyne plug-in to the track, by clicking the "Audio Units" control:
  • User uploaded file
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 10:45 AM in response to Spiritualperformer

Have you installed the Melodyne component in

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Melodyne.component ?

Then you should be seeing Melodyne, when you open the Smart Controls for an audio track.

• Enable the "Audio Units" in the GargageBand Preferences > Audio/Midi tab.
  • Show the Smart Controls pane: User uploaded file
  • Enlarge the pane, by dragging the dividing line between Smart Controls and Track area upwards.
  • Click the ℹ button to show the info pane.
  • Now you should be able to add the Melodyne plug-in to the track, by clicking the "Audio Units" control:
  • User uploaded file

Trouble with Melodyne and Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.