Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play some movie from Netflix on my iPad. When I click on a movie an error message comes up which says "cannot play movie. Please try again". Can anyone assist me? I just upgraded to iOS 7.1. Netflix not able to find problem.

Unable to play some movies from Netflix on my iPad. When I click on a movie an error message comes up "Cannot play movie. Please try again later." I contacted Netflix but have not been able the help so I am wondering if it's my iPad. I didn't have a problem before but I have recently upgraded to iOS 7.1. Also is a certain amount of storage needed to play a movie? About how much is that?

iPad, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 12:21 PM

7 replies

Mar 2, 2017 12:06 PM in response to ssanchez04

Actually it's not enough to just reset your wifi connection. If you follow the steps highlighted in the first reply to this post, you should be able to watch videos again. There's something about the DNS settings that needs to get flushed, maybe it's after an iOS update, I dunno. But the solution by FrugalData worked perfectly for me today. To recap, go to:

Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Connection. After your iPad restarts, connect to wifi again and it should be fine.

Jun 2, 2015 1:43 PM in response to Fluffy Pudgy

I Found a website that said to go to Settings, General, Reset (at bottom), Reset Network Settings, confirm. You have to enter your network information and password again under settings, but my Netflix worked normal after I did it. Sometimes I can delete the app icon and download it again, but that did not work this time, so I reset the network settings. It is a pain, but at least it works again. Netflix told me my network connection was spotty, but other streaming apps worked just fine, so I looked online for help.

Unable to play some movie from Netflix on my iPad. When I click on a movie an error message comes up which says "cannot play movie. Please try again". Can anyone assist me? I just upgraded to iOS 7.1. Netflix not able to find problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.