Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete every picture in every folder from my iPhone 5?

I cannot find a way to delete every picture from every folder on my phone. It is taking up way too much space. I know how to delete regular pictures, but somehow I ended up with 3 unwanted folders full of unwanted photos. Please, help me before I throw my phone into the sea!

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 1:27 PM

Where exactly did these 3 folders come from?

if they were sync with itunes, then you will need to unsync it using itunes.

3 replies

Apr 9, 2014 1:32 PM in response to MaryAnn518

DO NOT start iTunes. Connect your phone to a computer and then access the photo folder, should be the only folder that will appear when you access your phone through the file explorer. You are looking for the DCIM folder. Open it and then either copy the photos to a folder on your computer if you want to save them. Then you can delete them from your phone.

Or you can simply go into Pictures, Open the folder you want to empty out, Tap Select, Tap the pictures (Sorry but you have to touch each one) and then tap the trash can.

And remember that if anyone has messaged you a picture it will be in Messages and also taking up room.

How can I delete every picture in every folder from my iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.