Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 6 month old top of the line iPad 4 I can't figure out. IN ANY WAY!

Today I get in my emal something about refunds for people whose children have charges up apps to my account with iTunes. Well I can't even find WHERE on my iPAD I have the icon FOR iTUNES! I see people show it as a blue symbol with notes and it says iTunes. My iPad does NOT have that. YET when I try to go download it from the iTunes store it says that iTUNES came with my iPAD so where is it??

There is a RED emblum with a double note but it says MUSIC! Is that the same thing as the iTunes?

What is the task manager? And where you do find that?

I get no answers on anything as to how to work this thing and it is extremely upsetting. I paid $1,200 for this iPad and my husband paid the same amount and got a REALLY NICE DELL and I have this thing I can't even use! Then on top of it when you write something like this you get an email from the Apple/ Mac people saying they took your post off because it was not positive enough for them - so how do you find out anything?

Aloha Antoinette

iPad, iOS 7.1, 6 month old iPad 4 with Cellular&Wi

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 2:18 PM

20 replies

Apr 9, 2014 2:25 PM in response to islandantoinette

You may have accidentally dragged the Music.app into a folder on your home screen.

Search in all folders you may have created or try to reset the home screen layout:

Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Home Screen Layout. Resetting the Home screen removes any folders you’ve created and applies the default wallpaper.

If you really deleted the Music.app restore your device to factory settings to reinstall the Music app:see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Apr 9, 2014 2:40 PM in response to islandantoinette

Well I can't even find WHERE on my iPAD I have the icon FOR iTUNES!

You don't. You have an iTunes Store app where you go to buy things, but the iTunes app goes on your computer, not on your iPad.

There is a RED emblum with a double note but it says MUSIC! Is that the same thing as the iTunes?

No. Again, iTunes goes on your computer. The Music app is how you play music on the iPad.

What is the task manager? And where you do find that?

There is no "task manager" as such. If you mean a list of most recent apps, double-click the Home button to bring up the app screen. If you want to close an app, swipe upwards on the app thumbnail image.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57602601-285/how-to-force-close-apps-on-ios- 7/

Then on top of it when you write something like this you get an email from the Apple/ Mac people saying they took your post off because it was not positive enough for them - so how do you find out anything?

You ask questions of a technical nature rather than posting complaints or, worse, rants, which is probably what the Hosts decided your previous post was.

Perhaps reading the user guide:

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

will help answer most of the rest of your questions. Or if you have an Apple Store in your area, you might consider attending one of the iPad workshops.

Regards.

Apr 9, 2014 3:59 PM in response to islandantoinette

islandantoinette wrote:

Today I get in my emal something about refunds for people whose children have charges up apps to my account with iTunes.

It wasn't your account specifically.

It simply means that Apple is refunding some money to people have had this happen to. And you have an iTunes account.

iTunes Store may be turned off in Restrictions!!! See this -> iOS: Understanding Restrictions (parental controls)

I get no answers on anything as to how to work this thing

You have only asked one ither question in these forums on someone else's thread. You were replied to but you did not respond!!!).

I paid $1,200 for this iPad

You spent $1200 and you haven't asked anything about how to work it in 6 months?!?!

Apr 15, 2014 3:11 PM in response to Chris CA

No Chris I have not asked anything about how to use this thing in 6 months. We only bought it for the off line app Jibbigo for Spanish translation while living in the country of Panama the past 5 months. And then the Jibbigo app did not work half the time anyway.

Just today I have been working on FINDING the iTunes on this iPad - to no avail. The ONLY icon on the 2 screens of apps. is one that says MUSIC has a RED icon with 2 white notes says Music under it. It IS only MUSIC and then there is the icon for the app store.

I have looked up pictures of how to move my PHOTO's from my DELL Laptop TO my iPad to no avail. I have sync'd it and see the iPad yet it will not allow me to copy any of my pictures from my Dell Laptop (Pictures folder) to my iPad as there is NO iTUNES application open.

I can't find the darn thing.

And according to varjak paw above I guess there IS NO iTUNES app in the iPad 4 it was only PREVIOUS versions!

Per varjak paw : "You don't. You have an iTunes Store app where you go to buy things, but the iTunes app goes on your computer, not on your iPad."

Per varjak paw: "No. Again, iTunes goes on your computer. The Music app is how you play music on the iPad. "

Yes that is exactly that. I DO HAVE ONLY THE iTUNES store. NO I don't want to buy ANYTHING from them.

I just want to get my pictures from my Dell Laptop which is a PC (Windows operating system) onto my iPAD which from everything I read must be done THROUGH iTUNES. But I don't have frigging iTunes on my iPad that has the word across the top PHOTO at all!!!!

I am not paying $99 more after the $1,200 I paid to buy this thing just 6 months ago. It gives me 14 days to return it which I didn't even know how much problems it would be for me to SEE and USE at my age of 60. SO now I am stuck with it tryingt to figure it out. Yes I'd like to sell it and get a Dell. But no one is foolish enough to pay $1,200 for even a 6 month old iPad 4 with EVERYTHING on it! Highest gigabites and for internet too.

Apr 15, 2014 7:28 PM in response to islandantoinette

islandantoinette wrote:

I am not paying $99 more after the $1,200 I paid to buy this thing just 6 months ago. It gives me 14 days to return it which I didn't even know how much problems it would be for me to SEE and USE at my age of 60. SO now I am stuck with it tryingt to figure it out.

I don't know what the $99 you're talking about is. Apple offers free workshops.

Gosh, you make 60 sound so old, infirm and incapable of learning new things. I hope that I can still learn new things in 8 years. Part of my job is training people to use mobile deivces. A man in one of my workshops last week at the age of 85 was the youngest person there. However, they were all eager to learn, willing to try new things. They were one of my most fun groups ever. It's all a matter of attitude. There are lots of smart, helpful people here, some of whom are older than you. If you really want help, ask questions, take advice. If you want to learn, we can help you. It's up to you.

Best of luck.

Apr 15, 2014 7:37 PM in response to islandantoinette

"I just want to get my pictures from my Dell Laptop which is a PC (Windows operating system) onto my iPAD which from everything I read must be done THROUGH iTUNES. But I don't have frigging iTunes on my iPad that has the word across the top PHOTO at all!!!!"

You need iTunes for the PC which is a free download from Apple. There is NO charge. You must download and install iTunes to your Dell laptop.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Once installed, you need to use the cable that came with your iPad plug it into your iPad and the USB end into a USB connection on your Dell PC to sync your iPad to iTunes on your Dell PC.

Follow the steps that come up in iTunes to setup your iPad to be recognized and sync'd with iTunes on your PC.

If you haven't created your own personal Apple ID, iTunes may prompt you to do so when your are trying to sync your iPad to,your PC.

Once your iPad is connected and sync'd up to iTunes on your PC, Along the top of the iTunes prograam on your pc, click on the right side where you see iPad, it will bring up a summary of your iPad. Again along the top, click on "Photos", then you can choose to sync from OS of your pc either all or selected folders where your photos reside.

Then just re sync your iPad.

Good Luck.

Apr 15, 2014 7:47 PM in response to islandantoinette

Once you installed iTunes on your PC, see this document on how to sync your photos:

iTunes: Syncing photos
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

Just be aware, that any photos you sync to your iPad can only be deleted from the iPad by syncing again (see the paragraph "To delete synced photos and videos from your device" in the linked document. You will find the photos on your iPad in the Photos.app, not in iTunes.

Apr 16, 2014 12:23 AM in response to bobseufert

Aloha Meg St. Clair and BobSeufert:

Thanks for your positive and helpful comments since you fail to see your behaviour in my sincere need in this matter when I asked.

If you happen to have good HEALTH 60 IS young! However I have not only had Spinal Meningitis at the age of 25 from being an OR nurse, and seizures from then on, but a host of other diseases probably way beyond any unerstanding you might have for human beings other than people just like you! I don't feel the need to constantly go into my exremely poor health which often has me unable to walk even with a walker so have to use a wheel chair and live in constant pain, not taking pain pills! I came in here thinking I would get answers. Instead one gets judged. OK so I am out you can go make someone elses day miserable in your words. Hope you all had fun at someone elses expense. One day when you have pain and are not "the" perfect person you see you think you are now, you will learn even MORE!"

As for the two people who did respond sincerely in trying to get this accomplished: LEONIE and MICHEL PM

I DO have itunes installed on my Dell I DO know all about PC's and Windows but was trying to learn this iPad before throwing it away.

I am stuck here in this particular paragraph MichelPM

"Once your iPad is connected and sync'd up to iTunes on your PC, Along the top of the iTunes prograam on your pc, click on the right side where you see iPad, it will bring up a summary of your iPad. Again along the top, click on "Photos", then you can choose to sync from OS of your pc either all or selected folders where your photos reside."

I have followed every step you posted MichelPM however the above PHOTOS is NOT there along the top that is my whole problem with the process. If something is not there is just is not there. Maybe I needs to reinstall the iTunes? Don't know what else to do the Dell is also new 6 months old. Excellent quality one.

Apr 16, 2014 6:24 AM in response to islandantoinette

islandantoinette wrote:

I came in here thinking I would get answers. Instead one gets judged. OK so I am out you can go make someone elses day miserable in your words. Hope you all had fun at someone elses expense. One day when you have pain and are not "the" perfect person you see you think you are now, you will learn even MORE!"

You tend to get back the energy you put out in forums such as this. You did not appear to come here looking for help. You were complaining about how awful your iPad was and ignored all the original attempts to help. The fact that people have looked past your original poor attitude and offered you assistance anyway is a testament to their good will and patience. I'm glad to see you recognize that. You were also the one who brought up age. I think it's irrelevant to your ability to learn. You seem to have missed my point that I believe you (and most everyone else) is quite capable of learning how to use an iPhone if they come at it with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.

The best way to get help here is to explain, in a neutral manner, what you're trying to do, what happens when you try, what error messages you're getting, if any and what troubleshooting steps you've already taken. The less drama and more facts, the more likely you are to get the help you need.

I seriously encourage you to sign up for a class at an Apple Store. Not everyone learns the same way.You may have more luck when you have a person there with you demonstrating the steps.

Best of luck.

Apr 16, 2014 7:35 AM in response to islandantoinette

islandantoinette wrote:

Today I get in my emal something about refunds for people whose children have charges up apps to my account with iTunes. Well I can't even find WHERE on my iPAD I have the icon FOR iTUNES!

islandantoinette here is a copy of Apple's email (click the image below to enlarge it):

User uploaded file

The operative words are "Check your email for iTunes receipts or use a computerto sign in to your iTunes account ..."

I trust that answers that question.

What is the task manager?

An iPad has no such thing. It has no Start button either. You can draw no comparison to a Windows PC because an iPad isn't a Windows PC; it's an entirely different category of product. It's like comparing a microwave oven to a barbecue grill - they both cook stuff, but that's where the comparisons end. If you want a Windows PC there are plenty of cheap things from which to choose for which you must tolerate ctrl-alt-del when you log in every time, among other indignities. PCs have had well over a quarter century of refinement, so you'll know what to expect.

I have seen everyone from nonagenarians to two - year olds pick up an iPad and use it in seconds. Literally. I can't say the same about any PC. Both iOS devices as well as Macs also incorporate a robust range of accessibility options to accommodate people with limited sight, hearing, or other challenges both physical and mental. I understand your frustration with learning to use a radically new and different device, but it seems to me anyone in your circumstance given a PC for the first time would be facing a practically insurmountable challenge. Besides, wouldn't be worth the effort since the popularity of PCs is diminishing rapidly in the face of iOS devices the market clearly prefers.

I'm still trying to understand how it was possible to spend $1200 on a top of the line iPad whose suggested retail price could not have exceeded $929. If you purchased AppleCare+ that would add $99. Sales taxes would have had to be 17% for your total purchase price to be $1200. Is that correct?

The reason for asking is that if you purchased AppleCare, complimentary customer support regarding any subject is extended beyond the initial 90 days for the duration of the AppleCare agreement. You can call AppleCare and discuss any iPad-related subject with them at length, at no additional cost. You will find Apple's representatives incredibly patient and will work with you for as long as possible, weeks or months if necessary, to resolve any question you may have with your iPad. No other company on Earth can come close to the quality of support that Apple offers its customers.

The point is that you have many, many support options from which to choose. All you have to do is avail yourself of them.

Good luck.

Apr 16, 2014 10:59 AM in response to islandantoinette

"I am stuck here in this particular paragraph MichelPM

"Once your iPad is connected and sync'd up to iTunes on your PC, Along the top of the iTunes prograam on your pc, click on the right side where you see iPad, it will bring up a summary of your iPad. Again along the top, click on "Photos", then you can choose to sync from OS of your pc either all or selected folders where your photos reside."

I have followed every step you posted MichelPM however the above PHOTOS is NOT there along the top that is my whole problem with the process. If something is not there is just is not there. Maybe I needs to reinstall the iTunes? Don't know what else to do the Dell is also new 6 months old. Excellent quality one."

Just to make sure we are both on the same page, eveything I am talking and referring about is about ITunes on your Dell computer.

iTunes is exactly the same on both Mac and PC.

I may have missed one detail,

When your iPad is connected up to your computer and iTunes launches on your computer, syncs and finishes backing up your iPad, there are two panes/ coulumns in iTunes.

A thinner column on the left, a wider,,larger column/pane on the right.

On the left hand pane under Connected Devices, your iPad's name should be there.

Click once on this.

The right hand column should show you a summary of you iPad and what is on it.

In that right hand pane toward the top, just below the long rectangular iTunes info readout window, there should be a bunch of options you can click on.

They say something like info, summary, music, movies, books, apps, photos.

Photos should be the last option to click on.

A whole bunch of options should be there for you to choose from.

You can select sync'ing all your photos, sync manually selected photos, sync selected folders of photos, etc. and below that will be two large panes that show you a list of what photos will be sync'd.

I have a 6 month old top of the line iPad 4 I can't figure out. IN ANY WAY!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.