Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Mail, unflagged messages still appearing in Flagged folder

There are 8 messages which I have recently unflagged, which still show up in the ‘Flagged’ folder (67 messages total). If I reflag and then unflag them again, it goes down to 59 counted flagged messages. Then if I click out of the Flagged folder and back in, the count goes back up to 67 and those messages still appear in the folder, although they don’t appear to be flagged.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 1:18 PM

7 replies

Aug 31, 2015 6:33 PM in response to alienzed

I had 25 flagged mail count, out of which 18 were flagged and 7 were unfledged but still not getting out of the flagged list. When I re-indexed using the steps above, it removed flag from all the mails and I ended up with 0 flagged mails!!!!!

How do I get back the ones which were really flagged ? I don't want to go through 1000s of mails and check everyone to find the flagged ones.

*** Please ignore... Checked back after 10 mins and got the 18 flagged back. Your solution worked perfect. Thanks ***

In Mail, unflagged messages still appearing in Flagged folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.