Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast download error

Here's an issue I've been dealing with since I upgraded to iOS 7.1, and not sure if it's related to the upgrade itself or actions I took to do the upgrade.

In order to clear enough room on my iPhone to allow for the upgrade, I deleted a number of podcasts. However, since the upgrade I have been unable to re-download any of the deleted podcasts.

I tried clearing all current downloads, I tried un-subscribing from the postcasts in question, I tried manually downloading the podcast from the store, I tried re-subscribing and adding old episodes, etc. EVERY TIME resulted in a "Download Error. Tap to retry" message. I even tried to re-download from iTunes store on my Mac, thinking I could then drag over to my iPhone... no dice. There, too, I see the little cloud w/ the down arrow icon next to the episode, but it does nothing when I click on it to download.

I have an iPhone 5 issued from work that I am using for testing a mobile site in development, and on that phone I installed the Podcast app, logged in w/ my apple ID, and there I WAS able to download these same podcast episodes in question. So it's not like they're no longer available for download or anything...

So how do I fix my own iPhone so that I can re-download these episodes and finally listen to them?!?!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 2:14 PM

1 reply

podcast download error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.