Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums swapping art

This has been going on for months now and it's getting annoying. Albums will randomly change art even time I synch with iTunes. It's always the wrong art. I haven't found anything else about this, but it's horrible. I swear it's because iTunes randomly decides to start "updating" songs on my iPod and I don't know how to stop that. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Art in iTunes; correct art:

User uploaded file

Art in iPod; completely wrong art:

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 2:41 PM

That happens sometimes

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 2:41 PM in response to iLoveRainbows

That happens sometimes

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Apr 9, 2014 4:00 PM in response to lllaass

1. This doesn't work for a lot of things.

2. Made everything much worse; now every album was either no art or completely wrong art. Had to clear again.

3. The settings reset seems to have gotten it back to normal along with a complete wipe out.

Any idea what the heck causes it? I only have this issue with the newer versions of iTunes and only when I synch in iTunes. Makes everything twice as hard when just trying to add a few new songs.

Albums swapping art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.