Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I undo a Migration Assistant process I performed?

If I use Time Machine to Restore to a date before the task was performed will it change my computer name back to the original name & restore my entire system to its original settings? Even though Time Machine shows my device's name I am about to restore is named with new name of the device I migrated? Confused & not sure why it doesnt show my device with correct name as it was before the migration. Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 4:38 PM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2014 10:23 AM in response to 5PCMBP

Ok just in case this may help another fellow loyal die hard Apple Product Supporter with an 'outdated' device iMac G5 that they spent $2,000.00+ on only to have it obsolete, unupgradable, unsupported, & blatently ignored by it's own manufacturer & it's support community because it was decided that it would be a great idea to run a PowerPC processor, obviously at it's very limit of it processing capabilities out of box, I want to varify that after no help & a blind attempt with fingers crossed I ran a Complete Restore on my MBP using a Time Machine Backup dated before the Migration Assistant Task & it worked beautifully. Changed everthing back to normal along with computer name change. And a worthy notation here is if you have a question about a device that is not supported or aknowledged it ever existed , just reference a newer supported model as a generalization if at all possible in hopes to at least be steered in the right direction. Because obviously the near mention I had a PowerPC device involved(even though it was not the unit I needed help restoring, It was my MBP2011 Model that I spent another $1,300.00 on mind you...) I got nothing but crickets chirping & tumble weeds here. Apple sure aint what it used to be & it's a dam shame.

Can I undo a Migration Assistant process I performed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.