Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade the HD on my mid 2009 macbook pro 13" to a SSD higher than 256gb?

I have a mid 2009 MacBook Pro 13". I use it every day for school since september of 2009. I have a HUGE iTunes library (around 150gb) and I use DAW software to create music. I'm looking to upgrade from my current 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive to a larger SSD. I want to do this for the speed of an SSD and I need more hard drive space. Is there anyway to upgrade my macbook to a SSD in the ballpark of 500GB-1TB?? On Apple's technical spesifications it says I cannot upgrade to an SDD with more than 256GB. Is this really true or is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Mid 2009 13"

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 5:11 PM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2014 5:38 PM in response to ChiefMershKeef

The tech specs list the upgrades that were available from Apple when that model was being sold new. They don't necessarily reflect the aftermarket-upgradabaility. I don't believe there'd be any reason you couldn't put a hard drive/SSD of whatever capacity you want in that MBP (of course it needs to be the right physical size).

That being said, it's good practice to make sure you have a window to return it just in case.

Yeah what Bob said.

Message was edited by: Andy-J-D

Can I upgrade the HD on my mid 2009 macbook pro 13" to a SSD higher than 256gb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.