Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed startup disk and now stuck in firmware password login?

Hi, I have a Macbook pro 13 inch, mid 2012 running mavericks

I changed my startup disk in system preferences, I was not aware that i had enabled the firmware password so upon restart I am stuck at the screen with a padlock asking for a password i do not know my password(I feel like an *** for not recording it properly). I am not interested in bypassing this, I just need the system to boot normally on the main HD, but because i changed the startup disk i cannot get out of the password screen (target disk mode is what i selected as the startupdisk)... If there is a way to just force the book back to my normal startup volume please instruct me otherwise I will need to visit the Bar (both of them)...pun intended

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 8:05 PM

There are no replies.

I changed startup disk and now stuck in firmware password login?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.