Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the phone number associated to my keychain?

How do I change the phone number associated to my keychain for ICloud?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 9:39 PM

52 replies

Apr 10, 2014 5:41 AM in response to Shellytrep

• Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Jul 6, 2014 1:00 PM in response to fromsouth

This does not work.

- When using the iOS way the screen Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain shows "approve with security code" grayed out. No telephone number anywhere.

- When using Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details, there is no option to change anything at all. You can, however, go to "Manage Apple ID" and change your phone number. Even so, the SMS code is still being sent to the wrong number.

Jul 6, 2014 6:10 PM in response to hpmarcus

hpmarcus wrote:

This does not work.

- When using the iOS way the screen Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain shows "approve with security code" grayed out. No telephone number anywhere.

- When using Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details, there is no option to change anything at all. You can, however, go to "Manage Apple ID" and change your phone number. Even so, the SMS code is still being sent to the wrong number.

Thanks for letting me know.

Nov 8, 2014 11:50 AM in response to Shellytrep

Hi everyone,

I just have same problem, but i found a solution....

On iOS go to Settings > iCloud > Keychain and tap to button to disable iCloud Keychain. (you will be asked to delete or keep passwords on device) i chose delete....

Then enable it again and in pop-up chose Reset iCloud Keychain, on confirmation pop-up chose Reset

In new pop-up Use iPhone Passcode as iCloud Security Code? chose Use Passcode

Enter your passcode (4 digit) and then chose country and your new phone number

And done! 🙂

I just changed my number on Iphone 4, 7.1.2

Nov 17, 2014 10:19 PM in response to dusanp83

This worked for me. Although, to "Reset iCloud Keychain," I assumed meant to clear the data and essentially set up a new, blank Keychain. Not so. Strangely, after essentially bypassing the security regimen, setting a new passcode and verification number, I see my cards, passwords and other data have been restored. Maybe it's all about the iCloud account and that master password. Or maybe it's a bug. With Apple, we'll never know.

How do I change the phone number associated to my keychain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.