Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstall Reinstall FCP X Missing Projects, Events, Libraries

My situation is a mess. Once I updated FCP X to Mavericks, it went bad. FCP would not export. It would not stop rendering. I had no option but to uninstall and reinstall it. Prior to doing so, I went to "movies" and copied "FCP Events" and "FCP Projects" and pasted them to an external. Well, as you all know, the updated FCP so brilliantly (heavy emphasis on sarcascm) created this library crap that I don't quite comprehend yet. I reinstalled FCP and I pasted projects and events into movies. I cannot access events and projects that I previously had. I know that I must still have them (right?) because I copied and pasted everything. But FCP is not reading them for some reason. I don't know how or where to properly paste the prior projects and events into the framework of the new version in order to make them accessible.

Secondly, how do I go about storing my FCP media on an external so that FCP reads from the external. I am editing on a Mac Air (I know I am an idiot for buying an air for editing) and my hardrive is almost full.

I know this is no where near to being as clear as need be to illuminate my host of problems. You patience, further inquiries and answers are more than appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 1:02 AM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2014 5:29 AM in response to Giffidy

You have to use the update function to update the old projects and events to libraries.

Copy your current projects and events folders to the external drive into folders called Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Events. Run the update function and select the external drive to be update.

There is a great deal of information available online about this update. You might start

http://www.fcpxbook.com/updates/101/

Uninstall Reinstall FCP X Missing Projects, Events, Libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.