Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configurator giving me "updated with errors"

I have a bank of 30 Ipads (in a trolley syniced to a MacPro). 20 of my ipads update fine, however 10 update with errors. I have gone and unclicked the apps that are most commonly in the update with error list but am still getting the message. I also have 2 apps that are only putting on 5 apps and the rest are errors. Any addvise on how to get them all to synic so they all have the same apps on them.

I also have 1 ipad that will not synic to the trolley at all, and will not log into my apple id. I would love to get this problem fixed before we go on holidays tomorrow afternoon.

I have updated all devises and apps and this is when the problem started

Thanks in addvance

Carole

iPad, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Have updated everything

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 10:19 AM

Hi Carole,

For times when I've had errors restoring backups in Configurator, I've had to either do a reset on the iPad(s) manually (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings) or restore the iPad(s) with iTunes. After resetting, go back into Apple Configurator and try to restore them again. This works just about every time for me.

For the problem apps, are they paid or free? You may want to re-download the VPP spreadsheets and try adding the apps to Configurator again. Be sure that you are using the same Apple ID in Configurator that you used in iTunes to download the app.

Hope this helps!

~Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2014 10:19 AM in response to Carole Bulivou

Hi Carole,

For times when I've had errors restoring backups in Configurator, I've had to either do a reset on the iPad(s) manually (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings) or restore the iPad(s) with iTunes. After resetting, go back into Apple Configurator and try to restore them again. This works just about every time for me.

For the problem apps, are they paid or free? You may want to re-download the VPP spreadsheets and try adding the apps to Configurator again. Be sure that you are using the same Apple ID in Configurator that you used in iTunes to download the app.

Hope this helps!

~Joe

Configurator giving me "updated with errors"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.