Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to update software such as pages, etc. this error message comes up: There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (20)

When trying to download updates for Pages etc, I get this error message: There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (20)

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), imac OSX 10.9.2

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 5:20 AM

2 replies

Apr 12, 2014 2:05 PM in response to almauck

Hello almauck,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing when trying to update Pages on my iMac.

I recommend signing out of the App Store and signing back in and then trying the update again:

Sign out

Choose Store > Sign Out.

Sign in using an Apple ID

1. Choose Store > Sign In, or click Sign In in the Quick Links section. The Quick Links section is located in the right part of the window shown when you click Featured, Top Charts, or Categories in the toolbar.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and password, and then click Sign In.

Mac App Store: Sign in and out

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11499

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

When I try to update software such as pages, etc. this error message comes up: There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (20)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.