Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Push Apps or Enroll Users in VPP Management in Profile Manager

So I'm having a problem getting VPP apps to push out through profile manager to enrolled devices. I successfully did it over the phone with Apple about a week ago, but now - nothing.

A few times I've tried to enroll a device by sending the request to an assigned device. The request sent and I was able to agree to the terms to enroll, but in Profile Manager nothing changed and it still says the User is not enrolled in VPP Management. If I try to send the request again (through email or to a device) it says: Unable to Allow Assignment of Content. This invitation to receive assigned content has already been accepted by another Apple ID.

So even though Profile Manager won't acknowledge the ID was enrolled, the App store is so I can't try to re enroll.

Now, some of the requests don't seem to be going through at all. In the Active Tasks menu after trying to send the request it will hang on the status "Pending", or sometimes it will say "User not Invited".

Is there a way to erase previously enrolled Apple IDs so I can actually try to re enroll them? Or maybe a complete wipe of Profile Manager will do the trick?

-Lisa

OS X Server

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:27 AM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2014 5:35 AM in response to EyeQueue

I ended up calling Apple Support about the issue. After being on the phone for an hour and trying every thing to fix it, we determined that a certificate was messed up and the server had to be set up from scratch again. I had to reinstall the OS on the Mac Mini Server then reinstall the server app. After setting things back up again everything for user VPP enrollment and pushing apps works now.

Can't Push Apps or Enroll Users in VPP Management in Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.