Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

802.1X Auth Issues 10.9.2

Hi,

I am trying to create a 802.1X profile for our mac users to connect to our corporate wifi but have got to a bit of a dead end. I am using the iPhone Config Utility to create a .mobileconfig which will use PEAP-MSCHAPv2 to authenticate. This should authenticate against a RADIUS server which vailidates the certificate we have provided the device, their domain credentials are correct and that the device they are using is a valid computer object in Active Directory.

So far when the user tries to connect they get the box to select the certificate, enter their username and their password and it just says authenticating but never finishes, I am making the assumption that it is getting stuck on the computer object lookup in AD but I can't find any valid logs to back this up.
Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction?

Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 802.1X

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:28 AM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2015 7:55 AM in response to JayDrury1992

I know this is a late post, but wanted to comment incase anyone else is having this issue.

I was having the issue, the problem turned out to be the signature algorithm I was using. RSASSA-PSS with a sha256 hash doesn't appear to be supported by Maverickes or Yosmite. The solution was to change signature algorithem to SHA256RSA with a 256hash and renew root and sub certs. This was on a 2008r2 ADCS. This is a result of including alternatesignaturealgorithm=1 paramiter in my cappolicy.ini file when ADCS was setup.

802.1X Auth Issues 10.9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.