Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1009

Dear Sir/Mam

"The moment that we stop caring about each other, that's the moment we loose out humanity"

I hereby want to raise this complaint against apple for ristricting contries just for the political reasons.

Using the App Store applications by peoples of for example (IRAN) got no connections with the political sanctions that the United States government forced on this country. Governments of these countries had issues and the talks to solve the issues between these countries are still undergoing so far. However, blocking people from using the App Store just because apple has got no support and stores in Iran it's not a valid excuse and it's a horrendous act of Apples board of management against the people of Iran not to allow them using the applications .Also, it's still unclear that why apple should put people under pressure and restrict them from using apple products in Iran? Are we not live in a free world?Are we not human beings? Don't we have rights?. Political sanctions are for governments not entertainment and technological firms and companies.why people have to pay for what they havent done?

A prompt answer to these questions and giving a valid reasons and solutions for solving this matter would be highly appriciate it

Kind Regards,

From All The Iranians Around The World

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:43 AM

Apple is not restricting anything or anyone for political reasons. The simple fact is Apple is not permitted to allow content offered in one country's store to be sold to people not in that country. It's a licensing thing, not a political thing.

There is no app store or iTunes store in Iran, therefore, you can not purchase anything from the app store or iTunes store. The iPhone is not offered for sale in Iran at all. Apple has no presence in Iran at all.

You chose to purchase a gray market phone that is not supported in your country. That's a problem you will have to deal with.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2014 6:43 AM in response to Peyman Heydari

Apple is not restricting anything or anyone for political reasons. The simple fact is Apple is not permitted to allow content offered in one country's store to be sold to people not in that country. It's a licensing thing, not a political thing.

There is no app store or iTunes store in Iran, therefore, you can not purchase anything from the app store or iTunes store. The iPhone is not offered for sale in Iran at all. Apple has no presence in Iran at all.

You chose to purchase a gray market phone that is not supported in your country. That's a problem you will have to deal with.

Apr 10, 2014 6:47 AM in response to Peyman Heydari

Go talk to your own governement. This has nothing to do with Apple, since Apple doesn't sell iPhones in your country.

Now, where do I go to complain about a product that isn't sold in my country? I'm really annoyed that I can't get a certain herb in my country that is sold in Amsterdam! I'm going to go to their website forum and complain that the laws of my country interfere with them selling me their product!

Apr 10, 2014 7:19 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Maybe you should take it more easy and talk to people in apple its easier to just let people downloading apps than take the situation to another lvl ;-)mate because if this product is ristricted in my country why it asks me where I'm from and I still got the option to choose Iran and I purchased this phone in London why they sold it to me? Shouldn't they ask me where I'm from and tell me sorry sir we are racist and we can't sale this phone to you... Why don't you guys say that to your colleagues?? I don't have the right to buy this phone why people in apple shop London, westfields apple store sold it to me? I purchased 2 I phone 4 s,mac book air,I pad mini. Why did they sold it to me? If you can explain that please it would be great

Apr 10, 2014 7:25 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

And also that certain herb is allowed in collorado you can go and have some and some other states of America are making that certain herb legal and the reason you cant get that certain herb in your state is because of some narrow minded politician that thinks...

However, you still got the right to protest against that narrow minded politician ;-)

Apr 10, 2014 7:28 AM in response to Peyman Heydari

There is nothing "racist" about it. It's a matter of licensing. Content in the app and iTunes stores can not be sold to anyone in Iran per the licensing agreements with the content owners.

It is no longer illegal for you or anyone else to buy an iPhone and take it to Iran. It is NOT, however, legal for Apple to sell you content there per the licensing agreements with the content owners.

Apr 10, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Peyman Heydari

Peyman Heydari wrote:

Maybe you should take it more easy and talk to people in apple its easier to just let people downloading apps than take the situation to another lvl ;-)mate because if this product is ristricted in my country why it asks me where I'm from and I still got the option to choose Iran and I purchased this phone in London why they sold it to me? Shouldn't they ask me where I'm from and tell me sorry sir we are racist and we can't sale this phone to you... Why don't you guys say that to your colleagues?? I don't have the right to buy this phone why people in apple shop London, westfields apple store sold it to me? I purchased 2 I phone 4 s,mac book air,I pad mini. Why did they sold it to me? If you can explain that please it would be great

Nothing racist about it, pal. It's to do with your government's laws and/or internation regulations/licensing issues.

Take it up with your government.

Error 1009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.