Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iMac (Mavericks). I could no longer view CNN video clips after installing Adobe Flash Player update

Other users and guest account could still view the CNN clips but I can view the Ads and then just a black screen? Any suggestions ?

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 7:35 AM

12 replies

Apr 10, 2014 3:07 PM in response to Eric Root

Version 13.0

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, but it still doesn't work.

This problem did not occur until I installed the suggested update that popped up automatically on my screen. The other user of the computer can still view the CNN clips and the guest account can view them also (they were not updated). So, it seems it was something that happened when the update was done.

Any other thoughts ?

Apr 10, 2014 8:47 PM in response to Ferd II

I uninstalled version 13 and installed the version 12 as they suggested. Did not work.

On my computer now I have three accounts.

1. Mine - Flash Player version 13 originally worked but after updating (as was suggested by onscreen prompt) it did not work with Safari. Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Playaer version 12 also did not work.

2. Second computer user can still see CNN video clips in Safari. 'This user did NOT install the update to version 13.

3. Guest accoount still can see CNN video clips in Safari.

Any suggestions how to get back to the original configuration on my account. Unfortunately, I did not know about Time Machine and did not have it set up (have subsequently tried to set it up but cannot seem to be able to select a backup disk).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Apr 11, 2014 8:57 PM in response to Ferd II

The version 13 of FlashPlayer was on the computer when I bought it last month. Version 12 was never on this computer at all. As puchased, version 13 worked fine (could see CNN video clips using Safari). It was only after I updated version 13 as was suggested by prompt onscreen a few days ago.

The other two accounts on the computer (one of which is the guest account) still work fine as they did not update version 13 but continued to use what was there when the computer was purchased.

I've tried uninstalling version 13 and reinstalling version 13. Did not work.

I've tried uninstalling version 13 and installing version 12. Also, did not work.

The sytem is MAVERICKS.

Can I somehow set up Time Machine for the other user account and then somehow reinstall this on my account ??? If so, how would I do that ?? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Apr 17, 2014 8:05 PM in response to C F McBlob

I got the new update and installed it......still doesn't work. I give up.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling also......didn't work.

So I'm left with a corrupted computer thanks to Adobe Flash Player. I CANNOT see video clips on my account with my new computer, but the other user (with a separate user account) still can see the video clips. And, the built-in guest user account works just fine, too.

I've sent crash logs to Chris Campbell at Adobe without a successful response. The latest update 13.0.0.201 was supposed to be the fix. It was NOT.

Looking for a challenge ??? Figure this one out !!!

I have iMac (Mavericks). I could no longer view CNN video clips after installing Adobe Flash Player update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.