Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 7th gen issues

I just updated the new itunes and before i had no issues connecting my ipod. I went to sync it and it read that there was an ipod detected, but it could not be identified properly. So I unplugged it, and plugged it back in. Tried a different cord, a different USB port, uninstalled and reinstalled itunes (2 times) and the message still popped up. Any ideas?

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 7:19 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2014 12:15 PM in response to brew_city1990

Hello brew_city1990,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with your iPod nano being recognized in iTunes. You have taken some really good troubleshooting steps already. I found an article with some additional steps you can take for the error message "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again."

I recommend reviewing the following article (you can skip any of the steps you have already taken):

iPod nano: Error message saying that iPod 'could not be identified properly'

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3218

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

ipod nano 7th gen issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.