Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Accidentally Deleting SMS Converstation, all Messages from new conversation appear as new even if they 've been read.

I accidentally deleted the SMS converstions I had with my wife which goes back YEARS. I deleted the entire conversation which ***** but whatever.

My issue is that everytime she sends me a text, even while I'm physically looking at the new SMS conversations and messaging her in the new converstion, all texts from her appear as new in the SMS notification (Red Bubble Thing on top of the MESSAGES app). I also get the drop down notification when I'm physically on our converstaion (which usually only notifies me when there's a text when I'm physically not looking at the actual SMS conversation).

As of last night, Ive received 11 messages from her. Most of the time I have actually been in the process of replying to her when I receive another one of her texts. I get the drop down notification of a text from, I see what see wrote (because I was already replying to here yet the Message notification thingy appears as if I have 11 unread text.

I've tried turning the the phone off, I've done a hard restart,I've synced my phone to itunes, I ve checked for updates (I have the latest version) and I'm all out of ideas. Its just annoying but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 7:43 AM

1 reply

After Accidentally Deleting SMS Converstation, all Messages from new conversation appear as new even if they 've been read.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.