Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download movie fails

Hi,

Bare with me, please. I'm not apple/ios user.

My 12 year old son bought a movie on his iPad2, while downloading he lost wifi connection due to a power failure at home.

After this the download is unable to resume. It now says (in norwegian) "Error. Press to try again". When I press to try again, it just returns to the same error.

I cannot fint any way to reset/restart the download. It seems the movie is almost done downloading, but I'm not able to delete the downloaded file.

I've tried to restart the ipad without any change to the problem.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 3:42 PM

I had the same problem and could not find a fix online, but here is what I did. Go into settings and erase all content, settings and media. Then when the IPad resets, set it back up from a previous back up (I used I cloud) and then when all that was done, I went back into the I Tunes store and the movie that wasnt downloading magically started to download! I hope it works for you too....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2014 3:42 PM in response to andre-gj

I had the same problem and could not find a fix online, but here is what I did. Go into settings and erase all content, settings and media. Then when the IPad resets, set it back up from a previous back up (I used I cloud) and then when all that was done, I went back into the I Tunes store and the movie that wasnt downloading magically started to download! I hope it works for you too....

download movie fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.