Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from my laptop won't sync to my ipod touch

I've never had this problem before. Whenever I sync my ipod touch to my comuter now, everything seems to sync fine on it except for the photos. The music and videos that I've downloaded drag and drop perfectly fine to my ipod touch from my computer, but when I try to sync my photos, this happens - User uploaded file. As you can see, the sync seems to cancel itself (and the cancelling just drags on for hours anc continues unless I exit out of itunes myself) and even though I have the photo folders I want selected to sync, this is what shows up on my ipod - User uploaded file. Another small problem I'm having (well, what I DID have when the photos were syncing) was that photos from other folders would be in other random picture folders on the ipod touch (example: a pic from movie fanart would be in the deviantart related section) even though those photos aren't in those folders on my computer. Basically the photos were out of order.

I'm trying to give as much infromation as possible so I can fix this. I desperetly need these photos accessible on my ipod, and any help would be appreciated. If anymore information is needed, please ask me. I need to fix this ASAP!! Thank you.

The ipod and itunes update I'm running on is iOS 7.1, and I'm using itunes with my brand new alienware laptop.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 9:10 AM

21 replies

Apr 23, 2014 12:56 PM in response to lllaass

It's exactly what I said, and what is showing up in the second picture. I have thousands of pics saved on my Toshiba 1.0 Terabyte backup drive, and when I sync my ipod to my laptop (NOT the document folder "My Computer"), I choose the destination folder where the pictures are (WHICH ARE ON MY TOSHIBA 1.0 TERABYTE DRIVE) to sync FROM THERE to my ipod, but instead of putting the pictures on my ipod it only says for every picture folder I tried to sync (in the photos app) "0 from My Computer". Either it means 0 from the LAPTOP ITSELF or it thinks for some reason I have a saved picture folder in the "My Computer" destination on my laptop, WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. Is that what you're thinking?

Apr 23, 2014 7:09 PM in response to lllaass

Here's an example of how some of the pictures that I want to sync are set up in my folders.

1. User uploaded file

2. User uploaded file

3. User uploaded file

4. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

And as a note (what I wrote before) my pictures were always set up like this and I never had a problem before with syncing my photos. It just started happenning randomly where it wouldn't snyc photos anymore and the pictures (when I try to sync) for some reason show up on the i-pod as "0 from My Computer".

If this helps, this is what's also happenning to the i-pod photo chache after attempting to sync -

1.User uploaded file

2. User uploaded file

Apr 24, 2014 3:01 AM in response to Cyraina

You can only have one syncing folder. In that one folder you can have many folders (subfolders) but only one level of subfolders. It looks like you have more than one level of sub folders.

For example, your syncing folder is photos. In the photos folder yo have have other folders like A, B and C. However, in A, B or C you can't have folders. That would be a second level of subfolders in the Photos syncing folder

Photos from my laptop won't sync to my ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.