Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages update - Macbook won't recognize the update

Pages update - I updated Pages but the computer won't recognize it. Now I have documents I can't access because the computer says I must update. I have turned the computer on and off a few times and it hasn't helped.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 9:04 AM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2014 9:24 AM in response to ScottWaltonGroup

You have 2 versions of Pages on your Mac.

Pages 5 is in your Applications folder.

Pages '09/'08 is in your Applications/iWork folder.

You are alternately opening the wrong versions.

Pages '09/'08 can not open Pages 5 files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Older versions of Pages 5 can not open Pages 5.2 files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Pages 5 can open Pages '09 files but may damage/alter them. It can not open Pages '08 files at all.

Once opened and saved in Pages 5 the Pages '09 files can not be opened in Pages '09.

Once opened and saved in Pages 5.2 files can not be opened in Pages 5.

Anything that is saved to iCloud and opened by newer Pages versions anywhere, is also converted to Pages 5 files.

All Pages files no matter what version and incompatibility have the same extension .pages.

Pages 5 files are now only compatible with themselves on a very restricted set of hardware, software and Operating Systems and will not transfer correctly on any other server software than iCloud.

Apple has removed over 95 features from Pages 5 and added many bugs:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Archive/trash Pages 5, after exporting all Pages 5 files to Pages '09 or Word .docx, and rate/review it in the App Store, then get back to work.

Peter

Pages update - Macbook won't recognize the update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.