Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small white flash occurs when switching between apps

I dropped my iphone and cracked the screen. After I got it repaired at a local shop I noticed that sometimes when switching between apps that in the middle left-hand side of the screen a white flash occurs. This doesn't happen every time but it is repeatable and seems to happen more over time. Doing a reboot causes it to happen less. This is definitely not the flash seen when taking a screenshot.

Also my battery life has been worse.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 10:31 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 5:05 PM in response to seth204

I've just started noticing this same behavior intermittently as well. I'm on an iPhone 5 OS 7.1 also. I haven't had any other problems with the phone. I'm sure I've dropped it a couple times, but I've never noticed any other bad behavior and definitely no visible physical damage. And I have no reason to believe the behavior was correlated to a recent drop, but it's always possible...

Jul 12, 2014 5:20 PM in response to Pete Jaffe

Software never ceases to amaze me. I think this thread solved it for me: iOS 7 iPhone 5 white blotch on top left corner of Screen

I had recently reorganized my app icons and had moved my google maps icon to the 2nd column and 2nd row position, exactly as that other post suggested as a culprit. And I would bet that this behavior started right after that reorg. I've moved the google apps icon to the far right of that row, and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem since. The software engineer in me is curious to understand this better, but I think I'll spend time on other things...

Small white flash occurs when switching between apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.