Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Apple be carrying Games of Thrones, Season 4 episodes?

I was just wondering if and when Apple itunes would be carrying Game of Thrones, Season 4 episodes?

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 9:51 AM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2014 10:59 AM in response to Marcus

If you research this issue, you'll note that the producers of Game of Thrones have purposesly delayed releasing Game of Thrones new episodes to iTunes in the hopes that people will pirate it. I've read interviews where they have stated that the buzz around the piracy of the show is a huge marketing boon for them.

It's pretty disgusting of HBO to encourage their own show to be pirated in order to get the word out by purposefully delaying release to iTunes.

Jul 2, 2014 5:33 AM in response to BBYApple Trainer

It was initially delayed because of an exclusivity clause between HBO and Foxtel, but the HBO/Foxtel exclusive rights issue is over and done with already. GOT S4 is available right now for a very, very reasonable price on Google Play - so why not iTunes? I'll wait a short while for Apple to get up to speed, because I would prefer to have all my seasons of GOT available on the same platform. But I won't wait too long for Apple to catch up before I cave & buy the android version of S4 GOT.

When will Apple be carrying Games of Thrones, Season 4 episodes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.