Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble manually transferring music from iTunes to my devices.

I am new to iTunes, and I'm having trouble transferring music files to my iPhone.

OK. I usually use the "Albums" view when I'm browsing music in iTunes. From the Albums view, I left click on an album, which reveals all of the tracks on the album. Next to the title of the album, there is a "play" symbol, a "shuffle" symbol, and then a symbol that looks like this: > (surrounded by a circle). If I left click on this symbol, it gives me options to: "Play Next", "Add to Up Next", among others. Among these choices is, "Add To". If I left click on "Add To", it gives me some options of where to add the album to. One of these choices is "My iPhone". However, when I left click, in order to add the album to my iPhone, it does nothing. Now, if I do this with an individual song, it transfers the song to my iPhone, just like you would expect. But I cannot get iTunes to add the entire album to the iPhone in this way.

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if someone can confirm that this function works for them. Maybe there is something I have set incorrectly, or something I don't understand.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes, and that didn't fix the problem. Also, I have found a couple of other ways to add an entire album to my iPhone. I can open the "sidebar", and then drag and drop, or I can right click the album cover, select "add to playlist", and then, "iPhone". There are other ways too. It's not that I can't get the job done, but the method I describe above seems like the best way to do it, and it is driving me crazy that it doesn't work.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 10:31 AM

There are no replies.

Having trouble manually transferring music from iTunes to my devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.