Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Mavricks compatible with HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911g

This is an HP issue primarily. I have an iMac and the OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911g.

The print hangs on the print jobs. After about 7 minutes it spits out the top paragraph of last page of the print job.

Here is what I have done to date?

1. Replaced the drivers from HP three times. Each time the hang returned after several single page test pages printed.

2. When through the printer and contacted HP direct. This had me download the 4th time and install the printer.

3. There was not firmware update according to the HP webpage.

4. It was suggested to use the fix "...not compatible with Mavricks..." error code on the screen (This is not my problem).

I tried to follow those direction and again no success.

5. Contacted HP Support, but I am out of warranty and they want a few bucks to correct the problem. I told them this was a compatibility issues.

They said no pay no service.

6. I have tried turning everything off and on, no luck.

7. I tried Apple support "chat" line but that is backed up it seem, the message say's two minutes but I have been on line about an hour, waiting for an agent.

Does any one have any ideas? This printer is only about year and half old, I don't want to buy another one. It works fine on Windows 7.

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 11:29 AM

1 reply

Apr 10, 2014 2:02 PM in response to GERVideo

First try Resetting the Print System:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14141

If that doesn't help, Start up from the Recovery partition, and use Disk Utility to repair the hard drive.

Hold down Command and r (together) just after the startup gong sound, until you can tell you are in recovery mode.

And if that doesn't help, maybe you have a printer hardware issue!

Is Mavricks compatible with HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.