Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking Lost Macbook Pro

I lost my MacBook Pro. I tried tracking it by using the "Find my Iphone" app. However, only my iphone and ipad show up on the app. Is there a way to add my mac book pro to the devices on the "Find my Iphone" app if I don't have direct access to my Mac Book? Icloud is enabled on my mac book, but I never enabled "Find my Iphone" on the computer. I also have past emails from apple alerting me that I've logged onto the computer with my apple ID. In the emails it specifically describes my computer, with the model, OS, and name of my computer. So, apple was able to identify my computer with my apple ID. Is there a way to track my mac book through my apple id?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 10:52 AM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 2:03 AM in response to IanCon

IanCon wrote:

I lost my MacBook Pro. I tried tracking it by using the "Find my Iphone" app. However, only my iphone and ipad show up on the app. Is there a way to add my mac book pro to the devices on the "Find my Iphone" app if I don't have direct access to my Mac Book?

No, there is not. Find My Mac must be active before you lose it, it requires access to the Mac (physical access) in order to turn it on.

Tracking Lost Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.