Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently purchased an iPhone 5 and whenever I am on the homepage, the loading symbol next to LTE on the top bar will not go away. I've tried a number of things and its not searching for network or wifi. What does this mean and how can i get it go away?

I recently purchased an iPhone 5 and whenever I am on the homepage, the loading symbol next to LTE on the top bar will not go away. I've tried a number of things and its not searching for network or wifi. What does this mean and how can i get it go away?

iPhone 5, Verizon

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 12:17 PM

4 replies

Apr 14, 2014 10:00 AM in response to chattphotos

I have the exact same problem too.

The loading icon is in the top bar when i am on the homescreen. It happens on wi-fi and data, if i turn off both conecctions the icon go away but if i turn them on, the icon comes back.

Its like a backup or something is uploading. I think is related to the app store cause it happens sometimes when i download an app, plus the only way i can stop tha icon to load on the top bar is restarting.

I think its a bug from iOS 7.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.