Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP Freezing a lot after update to 10.1

I recenlty upgraded to 10.1, and did the updating of my Events into a Library. But now whenever I try to navigate around the events in the new library it constantly freezes, showing the beach ball for anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes. It happens if I scroll up and down the event list, if I click an event, if I try to scroll up and down an event's clips, etc No matter what I do, it freezes, so I can't edit or do anything with the videos in this library.

I created a new library for new content that I'm making now, and that worsk fine. But now I can't edit the videos I from the updated library, which needless to say is a very bad thing. I've tried re-running the library update several times. I've trashed the prefs. I've even completely uninstalled and re-installed FCP.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 1:02 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 5:03 AM in response to jhan303

You don't give any info about the format of the video you are editing or your project specs, so I assume that FCP X has worked perfectly in the past using the same material etc.?

Could your hard drives be getting full . . . how much free space have you got?

Take a look at these general troubleshooting tips and although you say you have trashed the prefs and uninstalled/reinstalled FCP X, have you done it correctly using the apps below?

Use this free app to trash the preferences. This should be the first thing you try when any problems occur.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

2. Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3. Trash FCP X using this free app and reinstall it.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

If these 3 measures don't work, create a new User Account (Admin) in System Preferences and try running FCP X from that as it sometimes works miracles.

FCP Freezing a lot after update to 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.