Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who can I talk to?!

Hello,

I bought a Macbook Pro bought 3 years ago, hearing that apple's products are inbreakable, longlasting and reliable products.

- My internal hard drive: dead after 1 year (lost all my data btw)

- My battery: inflated and dead, trackpad out of use after less than 3 years. Had to wait one month to get it repaired!

- Now after formating it (maybe already 10 times), I can't even install the applications with the Dvd of installation because the updates are not working.

I am a student, and this computer was supposed to be a long term investment... hmm

APPLE, WHO CAN I TALK TO?!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 12:20 PM

10 replies

Apr 10, 2014 12:24 PM in response to Chookoz

This is a user to user board, Apple employees don't answer here.

Hard drives are mechanical. They ALWAYS fail, regardless of the system.

Batteries are normal maintenance. Their life depends on how many cycles they're run through. Again, they'll always fail sooner or later.

If you want to go into more detail about updates not working, maybe one of us here can help with that.

Apr 10, 2014 12:33 PM in response to Chookoz

This is a user to user forum, Apple isn't here. There is always a failure rate in new electronics. Hard drives can fail at any time and so can batteries. Those two pieces in a computer probably have the highest chance to fail out of everything in a computer. You were unfortunate to receive a dud.

Chookoz wrote:

- My internal hard drive: dead after 1 year (lost all my data btw)

Always have a backup. You learned that lesson the hard way.

- Now after formating it (maybe already 10 times), I can't even install the applications with the Dvd of installation because the updates are not working.

What applications are you trying to install? If you explain this more then someone here may be able to help.

Apr 10, 2014 5:22 PM in response to cbs20

Hello,

Sorry for the bother, I am trying to find out where to get the appropriate contact and don't really know where to write.

Regarding my updates not working, maybe someone could help me (don't know if I am on the appropriate conversation).

I am under Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and recently formated my computer. I reinstalled the system with the Dvd of installation without problems. When I tried to install my applications with the dvd, it can never procede to the installation (due to the updates I guess). Unfortunately, when I try to do the updates, it is very slow and an error message always pops up at the end to say that it failed.

Is there anything that I can do?

Thank you for you answers.

Who can I talk to?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.