Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get 5.1 sound on my Apple TV Netflix -HDMI to my Yamaha receiver, Dolby digital is set to "on", I'm getting full wi-if signal, my netflix playback settings on my netflix account are set to "high", I get 5.1 on other Apps and Xbox Netfli

Can anyone help? I can't get 5.1 sound on Netflix my Apple TV. It's hooked up via HDMI to my Yamaha receiver and receiver to TV, Dolby digital is set to "on", I'm getting full wi-if signal, my netflix playback settings on my netflix account are set to "high", I get 5.1 on other Apps on Apple TV (eg iTunes festivals), and I get 5.1 on my Xbox Netflix (so I guessing it's an Apple TV issue and not a netflix account setting issue?). It also does not work if switch audio output to 16 bit (and I don't even know what that means/does). What haven't I tried?

Anyone have any thoughts/tips?

Very, very, very appreciated if anyone has any advice that can solve this! Thanks much

AppleTV 2

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 12:30 PM

7 replies

May 19, 2014 2:03 PM in response to JMChaput

Both Apple and Netflix claim to be aware of this issue and say they are 'working on it.' The 6.1.1 AppleTV update appeared to fix the issue but it returned a few days later. There are several other active discussion threads about this here. Nothing to be done but sit back and wait for it to be resolved. If your receiver has Dolby Pro Logic you can use those synthesized DD 5.1 modes until the fix comes.

I can't get 5.1 sound on my Apple TV Netflix -HDMI to my Yamaha receiver, Dolby digital is set to "on", I'm getting full wi-if signal, my netflix playback settings on my netflix account are set to "high", I get 5.1 on other Apps and Xbox Netfli

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.