Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an iphone 3 i am selling .. if i go to erase all content and settings .. will the apps still be on the phone .. i've never been able to add apps to this phone and don't want to lose them

how do i prepare my iphone 3 to sell ..

i've never been able to download new apps so i don't want to lose the apps that are on there

am i to reset all settings? or erase all content and settings? or reset network settings?

iPhone 3G

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 1:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2014 1:17 PM in response to jen1959

Erase all content and settings is absolutely what you should do before selling or giving away your iPhone.

It will erase the apps from your iPhone, but (assuming you purchased those apps from the App Store) they will still be associated with your Apple ID, and you can download them on subsequent Apple devices you use.

Apr 10, 2014 1:18 PM in response to jen1959

Only the apps that are part of iOS will remain on the phone.

If you're going to sell it, use "Erase All Content and Settings".

If you're selling it, what difference does it make to you if the apps get erased? You don't have the legal right to transfer any apps you bought to anyone else. Not to mention the fact that you stated you have never been able to download new apps...

Why don't you just re-post the question in your native language. There are so many contradictions in your post that i don't believe you're conveying the questions you think you are.

i have an iphone 3 i am selling .. if i go to erase all content and settings .. will the apps still be on the phone .. i've never been able to add apps to this phone and don't want to lose them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.