Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why isn't my IPod taking pictures nor saving them?

Something is wrong with my camera app. I dont know what it is. It isnt taking pictures nor saving them.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 3:01 PM

4 replies

Apr 10, 2014 3:03 PM in response to sandersz

First, do you have available storage space to save the photos?

Next

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Feb 8, 2016 8:02 AM in response to sandersz

Before resetting to factory settings or "spending time" waiting to speak a genius, try the following, it worked for me:

My camera was making the picture clicking noise when I snapped a pic. It even showed the pic thumbnail in the corner, but it wasn't saving them.

I had enough storage, plenty of space for more pictures.

Try hitting The Home Button twice, that will show you what apps you have open.

Swipe left or right to cycle through them. Swipe UP to close an app. I had over 20.

Then reset your phone (Hold Home and On/Off button keep holding until you see the Apple Logo at which point release the power button but continue to hold the Home Button until the home screen appears.

Try taking a picture. Not only should you be able to see the photo you just took

but all the photos you tried taking and didn't save should appear in your camera roll as well.

Hope this helps!

~Doc

Feb 8, 2016 3:31 PM in response to lllaass

Yes I did, but I took into account that other people might come across the same problem other than the initial poster, search for the problem and take them here, to this page, as is what happened to me.

Your suggestion didn't work for me

I searched and found a solution that did.

I came back to leave a note for anyone that would follow in my footsteps.

And your last sentence I couldn't understand.

Thanks,

why isn't my IPod taking pictures nor saving them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.