Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a generation 5 Nano iPod. I have created Genius playlists and want to sync them to my iPod. How do I do this, as they are not shown in my library when syncing my music.

I have a generation 5 Nano iPod. I have created suggested playlists from the iTunes store using Genius. I want to move these playlists into the playlists in my library so they can be synced to my iPod. I don't seem to be able to do this, and can only listen to these Genius playlists on my computer. How do I transfer these?

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 3:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 5:19 AM in response to richmondhill49

On a 5th gen nano, you can actually create and listen to Genuis playlists on the iPod.

You can also set up automatic syncing to include Genius Playlists.

In iTunes, if the iTunes sidebar (along left side of window) is hidden, from the menu bar, under View, select Show Sidebar. In the sidebar, the Genuis playlists that you create are shown under GENIUS (not PLAYLISTS).

If you use automatic syncing, you set up the iPod's Music screen in iTunes (where the Sync Music checkbox is located). Genius playlists are shown on the iPod's Music screen, under Playlists, where you can select (checkmark) them as items to be synced to the iPod and maintained by iTunes.

If you use the manual method (with the Manually manage music and videos setting), there is no way to include the actual Genius playlists. However, you can create a new playlist manually on the iPod using iTunes. Then, drag the songs from a Genius playlist to that playlist on the iPod.

I have a generation 5 Nano iPod. I have created Genius playlists and want to sync them to my iPod. How do I do this, as they are not shown in my library when syncing my music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.