Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot password...

So I havent used my iPod touch 3rd generation in a very long time and I forgot the password to it. It wasn't connected to any iCloud accounts so I can't get it from find my iPhone. Also I didnt even have IOS on it because the computer that I had originally synced it to broke. Is there any way to get in besides guessing? Thank you guys so much.

iPod touch, iOS 1.x

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:18 PM

6 replies

Apr 10, 2014 6:59 PM in response to roaminggnome

Ok listen. I got the ipod touch about 4 years ago. I may have IOS but it is IOS 1. I can't download any apps except really old ones that dont require IOS 4 or 5 etc. The computer I synced my ipod touch to is broken and we got rid of it. I tried to sync it to my new Mac book pro but it said that it would remove all the data from the ipod touch. I dont want that to happen because I have lots of valuable stuff. I read all the instructions but I didn't have to option to do any of the things it says. Does guessing eventually disable the ipod forever? Because I have been trying to guess it and it wont say how long it is disabled for.

Apr 10, 2014 7:03 PM in response to Tyler_1_2

" I tried to sync it to my new Mac book pro but it said that it would remove all the data from the ipod touch."

Correct. Ipod will sync with one and only one computer at a time. Sycning to anohter will indeed erase the current content. Copy everything from your old computer, or your backup copy of your old computer, to your new one.

" I read all the instructions but I didn't have to option to do any of the things it says. "

You certainly do. You can put it in recovery mode and you should do this. This is how you will regain the use of the ipod.

"Does guessing eventually disable the ipod forever?"

Yes.

I forgot password...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.