Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash Player update not working in Mavericks

Yesterday I ran an updater for Flash. Now I cannot view Flash content in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. I've uninstalled Flash and re-installed, yet the problem persists after restarts.

I'm on 10.9.2. Flash player is 13.0.0.182 (I think). Any ideas how to get this to work? Do I need to downgrade to an older version of Flash, and where would that be?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Arts&Letters wrote:

I'm on 10.9.2. Flash player is 13.0.0.182 (I think). Any ideas how to get this to work? Do I need to downgrade to an older version of Flash, and where would that be?

Everything dealing with Adobe Flash should be done on their website = Adobe Flash Player Software. Prior to installing their update, you should first uninstall all of the previous versions by using their Flash Player Uninstaller. Was this done?

After updating Adobe recommends that you repair permissions. Was this done?

User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2014 4:51 PM in response to ArtsandLetters__

Arts&Letters wrote:

Everything dealing with Adobe Flash should be done on their website = Adobe Flash Player Software. Prior to installing their update, you should first uninstall all of the previous versions by using their Flash Player Uninstaller. Was this done?

After updating Adobe recommends that you repair permissions. Was this done?

User uploaded file

Apr 10, 2014 6:00 PM in response to CMCSK

Flash Player 13 may have some bugs. It might be really good idea to go back to 12...….77 for a week or so.

That can be found on the main Flash page, just look for the link for older versions:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

pick the one I suggested above, and download it instead of 13. Whatever they did wrong should get fixed by next week.

Flash Player update not working in Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.