Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I delete songs off of my ipod schuffle

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 5:23 PM

2 replies

Apr 11, 2014 3:32 AM in response to ballorama

Which shuffle model do you have? This document shows the four types

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1719

It also describes the methods for loading songs on a shuffle. How you remove songs depends on the method being used to add songs. If your shuffle is the current 4th (or 3rd) gen, and you are manually adding songs (with the Manually manage music setting), this is how to manually remove songs from the shuffle.

First, if the iTunes sidebar (along left side of window) is hidden, from the menu bar, under View, select Show Sidebar. When connected, the shuffle appears in the sidebar, under DEVICES.

Click the small triangle to the left of the shuffle's name (in the sidebar) to drop down its content list, indented below the shuffle. Click on Music there. To the right, the list of songs on the shuffle is shown. Select the song you want to remove and press Delete on the keyboard. You can do this with more than one song selected.

If you are using automatic syncing to load the shuffle, or your shuffle is an older model, please post back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.