You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need my keyboard to be split and at the bottom

my keyboard was split and at the bottom of my screen and all of the sudden quit and is back in the middle, how do i get it back?

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:17 PM

15 replies

Apr 10, 2014 6:22 PM in response to ddraper72

I have read that some users claim that they can split the keyboard and get it to stay at the bottom of the screen. It might be possible, but it's not a built in feature as Skydiver has already explained. It's a fluke or a bug if you are successful in getting it to work again.

Just keep trying. I know I can't do it, but I could really care less about it anyway since in never split the keyboard for any reason at all.

Apr 10, 2014 7:07 PM in response to ddraper72

When you have the keyboard in the 'split' option, via the Keyboard, holding down the Botton and selecting 'split', when you go to marge it back, it gives the command of "Merge and Dock". This says to me, that when you choose 'split' that it will split and go centre screen. If it was to stay at the bottom, it would just say "Merge" with the Dock, so im thinking its not a Bug, its intended, and Apple wrote the Manual wrong.

Its easier to write words in a Manual, than it is to write code to have it 'split' and 'docked'. So it seems a intentional thing to have in mid screen IMHO anyways.

i need my keyboard to be split and at the bottom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.