Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download my iTunes Match collection of music anymore! PLEASE HELP! (Pics to prove!)

Hi!

There is probably a pretty easy fix for this situation - it's just I can't figure out what it is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's my situation;

1. I have a pretty large collection of music which I paid to match a couple years ago. My computer which I originally used to subscribe to iTunes match has died. No problem right? Since I have already subscribed to iTunes Match. But wait...

2. I wanted to download my entire music collection onto another one of my computers just because I want to keep a back-up of all my music - just incase some time in the future I do NOT want to subscribe to iTunes Match anymore.

3. While I was able to download most of my collection - a ton of songs were not downloaded. But instead, I see as pictured in [1] below, an exclaimation point in a circle to the left of the song, and a cloud icon with an exclaimation point in it under the "Match" column.

4. I am still able to play these songs - and download them individually, but not without going through a 4 step process FOR EACH SONG!!!

THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY to download all my music without going through this ridiculous process.

[1] STEP ONE - Select the song I want to download. If I double click it - I first see this message below that says, "The song "the beatles - Beetles-Hey Jude" could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?" So, since I no longer have the original file, I click "Cancel". BUT, that's exactly the moment when THE SONG STARTS PLAYING - and the the cloud icon with the exclaimation point turns to a could icon with an down-arrow letting me know that I can now download the file. (Go to step 2)

User uploaded file

[2] BUT when I click that cloud icon with the down arrow, the cloud icon with the down arrow changes back to the cloud icon with the exclaimation point and then I get this message that says "The item was not added to iCloud because an error occurred." But the song seems to have downloaded in the right folder in my iTunes music folder. So, I hit OK, and I and I am still able to play this song. (Go to step 3)

User uploaded file

[3] So at this stage, I am not sure why there is the CLoud icon with the Exclaimation point in it next to the song. Because it was just downloaded from the cloud, into my iTunes folder. But never the less the cloud icon with the exclaimation point is still there. The only way I can now get rid of that is to right click and select - "Add to iCloud".

User uploaded file

[4] So now you see here below, STEP 4 - Hey Jude is downloaded, and matched to the cloud. THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY! Please help.

User uploaded file

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 6:04 PM

There are no replies.

Can't download my iTunes Match collection of music anymore! PLEASE HELP! (Pics to prove!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.