Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s not recognized after update to ios 7.1

My iPhone will no longer sync nor show up in windows explorer (running Windows 7) after installing update 7.1. It may be relevant to note that I had replaced the dock connector prior to updating to 7.1, but the device was still syncing and showing up in the explorer. After updating, it won't show up plugged in and not on WiFi sync either.

I have followed the advice here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

I have had no success. I have tried multiple cables which I don't believe are the issues since they charge just fine.

Has anyone discovered a solution besides the aforementioned for this?

UPDATE 1: It should also be important to note that the iphone does not show up in device manager AT ALL. Not under Universal Serial Bus controllers nor Imaging devices. There are no "Other Devices" or "Portable Devices" categories listed on my Device Manager.

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 7:18 PM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2014 2:44 PM in response to tariqari

Can anyone please help? This community is not like it used to be...

The worst part is, I cannot even do a restore since the device does not show in windows at all. I have even tried another computer and it is not showing up. At the very least, can someone tell me if they believe this is iPhone hardware related or iPhone software related?

As I said, the iPhone was syncing just fine after the dock connector replacement. It was only after updating from ios 7.0 to 7.1 that the problem arose.

Please any little bit of feedback is helpful.

iPhone 4s not recognized after update to ios 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.