Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are you ignoring customer complaints about the Podcasts app?

This app is horrible. All the iTunes reviews list the same problems. Either episodes won't download, they won't play, or they won't sync. I know it's a free app, but we all paid for our iPhones or iPads. I've seen no answers and no helpful updates. Why haven't you done anything to fix it? I'll probably be getting a new phone soon, and I'm seriously considering switching to Droid or Samsung. This just isn't the kind of service I used to see from Apple.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, Podcasts for IOS

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 7:19 PM

8 replies

May 4, 2014 5:28 PM in response to DJ5a

What I don't get is... if they don't "fix" the Podcasts app, then they must be happy with it the way it is, and think that it works correctly. But the number of posts to the contrary goes up every day. So why don't they put out some instructions for people, so that everyone can stop being so frustrated with it? If it "works" the way it is, then tell people how to control the syncing with iTunes and delete podcasts and avoid the Cloud and whatever else.

But I'd much rather they just fix it.

May 4, 2014 10:08 PM in response to DJ5a

Yeah, I'm with you there. I downloaded PodCruncher for $2.99. There are some things with it that could be improved, but it at least works, so I recommend it.

And sorry for posting in the wrong place before. I was ranting that day, and I used the first outlet I could find without fully checking it out. At least I know others here share in my frustration!

Sep 25, 2016 3:11 AM in response to DJ5a

Apple's devices & software are tanking. Suddenly after years of use pictures on my phone aren't to be found & downloaded in Image Capture. I only used it 1000 times with no problems until the latest updates, also MP3's & movies show in my iTunes but not on my iPhone.

Apple traded in stable functionality for easy hands off automated apps ... that lose data. Lame.

After almost a decade of buying their computers I got my first smart phone, the iPhone 6. I won't say I'll never buy something they make again but I'm not going to be nearly as loyal if they sell me junk.

Sep 25, 2016 3:21 AM in response to gail from maine

Apple doesn't respond to me anymore. My emails go unanswered. Yes I check my spam, yes I sometimes ask twice just in case. I get the buy our crap emails...

I called tech support twice when I first go an iMac 10 years ago. Suddenly I have weird issues image/video/mp3 file loss. On newer devices with newer os's only. I'm insulted by suggestions like try restarting, did you update, ect... Now they just don't answer. Charming.

I submit to the court of public opinion the wireless ear buds on the iPhome 7. No I didn't buy one, I know better. Wireless consumer grade devices are made to accept but not give interference. This means they won't work in lots of places lots of the time. I know a pro grade wireless & these earbuds ain't it.

Sep 25, 2016 12:34 PM in response to erickorbly

Do you have a specific question you need help with? This is a user to user technical support forum. We try to help fellow users resolve problems if we can. However, we are not Apple, no are we involved with or interested in your experience with Apple Support.

So, if you have a question for the Community, please do ask 🙂

If you have a bone to pick with Apple, do it via the various paths provided in the list in the Contact Us link at the bottom right-hand side of this screen.

Cheers,

GB

Sep 25, 2016 12:40 PM in response to erickorbly

erickorbly wrote:

I submit to the court of public opinion the wireless ear buds on the iPhome 7. No I didn't buy one, I know better. Wireless consumer grade devices are made to accept but not give interference. This means they won't work in lots of places lots of the time. I know a pro grade wireless & these earbuds ain't it.

You couldn't have purchased AirPods as they are not yet for sale. As for the iPhone 7, you are free to continue to use the wired headset that comes with it or the ones of your choice, just as you always have.

Why are you ignoring customer complaints about the Podcasts app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.