Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod corrupt?

Hey all,

So I'm not sure if something's wrong with my iPod or iTunes but I have not been able to update my iPod Nano 4g on my Macbook Pro. The iPod was working fine and syncing correctly, then a couple of days ago I plugged it into my MBP and got the message, "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod." After seeing this message I tried to restore my iPod on my macbook but iTunes keeps getting stuck with a pop-up that says "restoring iPod" for 45mins+ and basically crashes iTunes. I can't even force quit out of iTunes while my iPod is "restoring" and it's really frustrating. To use iTunes again I have to hold down the power button on my MBP and force shut down the whole system. I CAN restore my iPod through my brother's Windows computer but as soon as I plug it back into my MBP I get the same corruption message. Can anyone help me? I want to make my iPod reusable again! Oh yeah, I also use the iTunes on my MBP to update my iPad and iPhone music, and they've been working fine...

Here's what I've already tried:

• unplug/replug ipod
  • use different usb cable
  • updated to latest iTunes/latest software for my MBP
  • restarted laptop

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 8:30 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2014 12:55 AM in response to tlam93

I just also found out that my MBP doesn't recognize my external hard drive which holds my time machine backups... It shows up on disk utility, but not in finder, and when I try to repair the disk it also gets stuck verifying. The only possible thing that I could think of that might have caused this situation is that I ran CCleaner on my laptop which might've deleted an important file?

iPod corrupt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.