Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iphone 5 loading data with no apps running?

My iphone keeps randomly loading data, when I'm at the home screen I can see the data loading symbol going even if I shut down all app it keeps wasting cellular data. I even turned data off for all aps and turned off everything that uses data and the stupid phone was still loading data. Some it was "system services" with things listed like "iTunes accounts" and "home screen". The iTunes thing wastes the most data and the home screen gas no business using any data. How do I shut this data wasting down without using airplane mode or shutting off data.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 9:20 PM

12 replies

Apr 11, 2014 7:51 AM in response to sberman

My problem is some are obviously fake like "home screen" it can't use data and has no reason to use data but it claims it is which is troubling. But one of the system "services" is documents and data but even after turning off cell data for it its data use keeps rising anyway. I don't want to pay to let the dumb phone waste data doing what whoever is using wants it to.

Why is my iphone 5 loading data with no apps running?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.